To become a Gay Friends in Calgary Society member, you must complete this application whether or not you are already a user on our website; newsletter subscriber; facebook fan; or twitter follower. Gay Friends in Calgary Society is a legal entity registered in the province of Alberta which must be comprised of registered members who have provided their real name and address. Members' information is used in accordance to our privacy statement below.
· We encourage and organize face to face activities that promote fun and friendship.
· Our values envelope open, inclusive ideals that transcend barriers of development, sex, race and age.
· We promote and enable growth of the gay community as well as participation in the greater Calgary community.
Membership is opened to anyone who is:
- a resident of Alberta of at least 16 years of age; and
- upon payment of an annual membership fee as determined (free as of 2011)
Rights and responsibilities
- Members are eligible to stand for election and vote
- Members shall abide by the Society’s bylaws and policies
- Members shall have rights as covered in the Societies Act
Enjoy member discount at selected events and businesses
- Other benefits as set out by the Board and Committee
Waiver and Indemnification
Upon acceptance as a member of the Gay Friends in Calgary Society (GFiC), I agree to abide by the rules and procedures of GFiC as approved through the By-Laws, Rules and Regulations of GFiC. As a member of GFiC I shall uphold the high standards of the GFiC and shall never do anything to damage the reputation of the GFiC. I understand and agree that GFiC and/or any of its officials, affiliates or sponsors are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss resulting from any accident from known or unknown conditions howsoever caused. I also understand and agree that any violation of this contract may result in the immediate termination of my membership.
* indicates required